Customer Service Agents (Telephonist) - Days
Answering the phone:
– You are expected to answer the phone before the three rings – otherwise it will ring off and bounce the call.
– You should answer the phone in an appropriate manor i.e. Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening.
– You should not rush the customer off the phone before you have all the relevant information.
– You must be polite and respectful at all times.
Booking in jobs:
– You are expected to book jobs in accurately, making sure that there is a clear pick up, destination and name.
– You are to follow guidelines for booking in more complex jobs i.e. Airports, Bus Bookings, Wheelchairs etc.
– Unless authorised with management you should pass on any account booking to a dispatcher on your shift.
– When booking in advanced complex jobs you must either cover the booking or make that particular shift aware of the booking.
– You are required to know a basic knowledge of dispatching i.e. Recovering jobs, No Fares, Voice Requests and other commands that may come up.
– You are NOT permitted to sit on the front desk unless asked by a manager; you may only sit on back up dispatch when required.
– You are to aid the dispatcher with commands only when they ask you to do so, your main responsibility is the phones.
– If you answer a voice request and you cannot deal with it then you are to relay this message to the dispatcher.
– You are required to follow the complaints procedure on top of the complaints form.
– You are to try and diffuse the situation on the phone and remain calm and customer focused, filling out the form with as much information as possible.
– You are to pass on any complex complaints only, to the dispatcher on the shift.
– You must not communicate with any drivers in regards to complaints that may have been received against them.
– Above Minimum Wage